New York Ineligible Volunteer (IV) / Perversion Files
If files are public, the perpetrator is identified and linked to their public records. If a file has not been made public, the person is identified by their perpetrator number and the year.
- Rosbozom, John Anthony, 1986: Sexually abused scouts in the late 80’s.
- Dingman, Kenneth Allan, 1971, Troop 48
- Barone, Richard V., 1985, Troop 50
- White, Douglas Louis, 1972, Troop 399: He was asked to leave scouting by the Troop Committee and parents after he was caught molesting boys.
- Gonzalez, Guillermo, 1984, Pack 1, 18, 217, Troop 138
- Parker, William Charles, 1968, Troop 175: Arrested for abusing a 12-year old in 1968.
- Ladison, Charles E., 1982, Troop 24: Confessed to numerous sexual acts with children. He was convicted of rape in 1984.
- Mooney, Michael, 1989, Troop 49: Made sexual advances on a teenage boy after giving him alcohol. Reported by the boy in
- Oman, William Woodrow, 1969, Troop 13: Pled guilty to endangering the welfare of a child in 1969.
- Hubert, Ronald, 1974, Troop 101: Arrested for incest in 1974, pled guilty to sexual-abuse.
- Mancuso, Patrick A., 1977, Troop 270: Repeated molestation of male minors during troop activities.
- Kelly, Robert J., 1964, Troop 203: Three scouts reported that he sexually assaulted them on an overnight campout.
- Modica, Freddie, 1973, Pack 494: Accused of Sodomy and child abuse. He pled guilty to attempted sodomy in 1973.
- Schneyer, Ronald W., 1965, Troop 228: A complaint was filed to the Scouts by the mother of a scout who was preyed upon by
Schneyer. The mother also called the police, resulting in him going to jail. He eventually pled
guilty to impairing the morals of a minor and exposing himself.
- Shedloskey, George, 1990: Arrested for molesting a boy. Police searched Shedloskeys home and found several photographs and magazines of nude males. The parents of the boy decided not to press charges.
- Thorpe, Menica Oliver, 1988, Troop 625: Sexually-assaulted scouts while asleep at a campout. Charged with second-degree sexual abuse.
- Van Orden, John, 1963, Pack 531: Committed to psychiatric hospital for abusing a six-year old boy in 1963.
- Methvin, Robert, 1972, Explorer 948, 48: Boy reported Methvin sexually assaulted him. He was placed on boy scout confidential
file in 1972.
- Hodge, Donald A., 1965, Troop 83: Pled guilty to moral charges. Abused scouts on a camping trip in the summer of 1964.
- Jones, Timothy H., 1989, Explorer 10: Jones was sent to prison for sodomizing three boys who attended the high school he
worked at. Dropped from the scouts in 1989.
- Knoer, Robert Harold, 1966, Pack 535: Assault charge in 1959. In 1962 he served 1 year in the penitentiary for impairing the
morals of a minor. Suspended from the Boy Scouts on psychiatric probation.
- Martin, Richard Earl, 1967, Troop 335, 257: Accused of sexual abuse by a boy in his troop in 1967.
- Watson, Clarence E., 1967, Troop 26: Abused a 16-year- old boy. Pressured the boy to take nude photos.
- Germeo, Gary R., 1985, Explorer 59
- Brown, Michael Raymond, 1984, Troop 724
- Van Luven, Daniel W., 1986, Troop 60: In August of 1986 he was arrested and pled guilty to sexual-abuse of a 13-year old boy.
- Merritt, Lowell L., 1969, Troop 67: Charged with indecent exposure in 1967. He spent a year in jail on abuse charges in the
- Kaopuiki, Bradford, 1984, Troop 11: Charged with 1st degree sexual assault.
- Sanders, Mell J., 1989, Pack 224: One of his victims wrote a letter to scout leaders explaining that they had been raped by
Mell Sanders and he had sexually abused other people as well.
- Latham, Richard William, 1971, Troop 87: Was placed on confidential file because he was charged with substance debauchery of a child. Removed from Scouting in 1972
- Moulton, John Dudley, 1972, Troop 11: Arrested for sexual-abuse of a boy in 1970.
- Grace, John E., 1989, Troop 567
- Nail, Douglas W., 1988, Troop 565: Abused scouts, approximately 12 years old, during overnight campout at his apartment.
- Milczarek, Charles L., 1989, Troop 500: Convicted sex offender. He abused two boys in his troop for three years before he was
- Felker, Richard H., 1987, Explorer 75
- Howe, Arthur J., 1990, Troop 20: Placed on Boy Scouts ineligibility list in 1990 following molestation case.
- Noyes, Thomas E., 1987, Troop 15: Confessed in writing to touching a scout’s genitals at troop campout.
- Shope, Gary C., 1965, Troop 38: Dismissed from scouting for having an unhealthy relationship with a scout. This was
backed up by letters found that were written to the Scout by Shope.
- Sparks, Guy K., 1990, Troop 20: Molested boys in his troop on campouts between 1985 and 1990. He was convicted on
- Hooper, Jack, 1990, Troop 234: Sexually abused a nine-year- old girl in 1990 according to a statement from the girl’s
- Jungers, Albert Kenneth, 1991, Troop 7: Aka Rev. Albert Kenneth Jungers, pled guilty to sexually-assaulting two boys.
- Coakley, Robert J., 1980, Camp
- Ingraham, Robert L., 1987, Troop 46: Jailed in 1987 for sexual-abuse of a 7-year old and 8-year old boy.
- Balles, James Richard, 1988
- Spear, Edward D., 1991, Pack 63: Court documents in his perversion file show he was charged with second degree sexual
abuse. He was involved with a girl under the age of fourteen.
- Webb, Robert S., 1988, Troop 21: Arrested in 1988 for first-degree child sexual-abuse.
- Dunnigan, Daniel L., 1988, Troop 20
- Smith, James Warren, 1972, Troop 77: Pled Guilty to a charge of third-degree sodomy of a 13-year old scout.
- Malone, Matthew, 1971, Troop 119: Charged with sexual abuse of a minor in 1971.
- O’Hara, Michael J., 1966, Troop 115: Removed from scouts after a boy reported that O’Hara had sexually assaulted him at
scout camp. No legal action was taken, as he was also a Catholic school teacher, everything was
handled internally by the church.
- Izzo, Robert, 1989, Troop 100: Arrested in 1989 for two counts of sodomy and two counts of sexual-abuse against a
- Bero, Lewis John Alexander, 1968, Troop 70
- Felker, Richard H., 1987, Sea Scouts 75
- Stella, John, 1989, Explorer 142, Troop 41: Sentenced to one-year probation for sex-abuse, assault and coercion.
- Wall, Charles Vernon, 1967, Troop 73: He was kicked out of scouting in Florida on accusations that he was abusing children.
He moved to New York and got involved with Troop 73.
- Lamkin, LaVerne S., 1977, Troup 66: Abused a 15-year- old boy on a camping trip in 1977.
- Bradford, Thomas Wayne, 1969, Troop 71
- Carr, John J., 1987, Explorer 951
- Krajewski, Raymond, 1989, Troop 432: Accused of trying to take a boys’ pants off at overnight campout.
- Pugh, David W., 1983, Troop 104: Sexually assaulted a 13-year old scout in 1983. Convicted on sodomy charges.
- Hopkins, Robert James, 1972, Troop 87: Admitted to sexually-abusing a 10-year old boy in Lee Center. Hopkins was removed
from the scouts in 1972.
- Getman, Douglas G., 1990, Troop 74
- Dickinson, Richard L., 1988, Troop 65
- Duerr, Donald, 1985, Troop 65: Pled guilty to sexually-abusing a 14-year- old girl in 1985.
- Pugh, Gordon, 1975, Explorer 200: Sexually abused a 13-year old scout who visited his home to work on the photography
- Bains, Edward, 1964, Troop 585
- Olaskowitz, Michael, 1986, Pack 515, Troop 515
- O’Rourke, William,1 965, Troop 351: Convicted on morals charge. Upon investigation after a complaint from a scout’s mother
it was found that O’Rourke had abused several scouts.
- Schwieg, Daniel J., 1964, Troop 560: Placed on Boy Scouts Confidential file after being informed by the police that Mr.
Schwieg was the leading suspect in a rape case involving children.
- Hungate, James M., 1960, Troop 226, 333, 712: Discharged from the Airforce in 1960 for sexual-assault of 10-year old girl. He was placed in an Airforce hospital where psychiatrists diagnosed him as a pedophile. As a scout master he was placed on the Boy Scouts’ confidential file due to Airforce incident.
- Dean, Alan Miles, 1985, Troop 130, Explorer 137
- Miller, Eugene D., 1960, Troop 137: Sent to jail for sexual relationships with high school boys.
- Nolte, Burdette, 1969, Explorer 2: Placed on Boy Scouts confidential file because of sodomy charges.
- Hills, Mark E., 1988, Troop 79: Found guilty of abusing three boys in his scout troop.
- Aviles, Daniel, 1989, Pack 196
- D’Amore, Robert F., 1977, Troop 284
- Helmlinger, Lawrence C., 1961, Troop 277
- Jacoby, Robert J., 1976, Pack 158, Troop 158: Pack leader to Troop leader of Troop 158 then transferred to Troop 205. He was
assistant scout master from 1974-1976. Removed from scouts after being charged with multiple
counts of child molestation.
- Morris, Ernest, 1964, Troop 605: Charged with sodomy on 12-year old boy. Mr. Morris’s parole officer contacted the
Bronx Scout Office in 1975 informing them that he warned Mr. Morris that he should desist
from scouting and that Morris’s criminal record did warrant his youth affiliations.
- Rodriguez, Edward A., 1965, Troop 739: He admitted to sexually abusing three boys in Troop 739.
- Rosenquist, John, 1990, Troop 687: Tried and found guilty for attempted sodomy in the third degree.
- Santinelli, Arthur, 1966, Troop 682: Concerned parents ousted him from being a scout master. Placed on the Scouts’
confidential file in 1966 after he was convicted of impairing the morals of a minor.
- Sigmund, Frederick, 1967, Troop 639, 677: Sigmund was arrested in November of 1966 after two scouts filed charges against him. He was found guilty of impairing the morals of a minor and carnal abuse.
- Warwick, Alexander, 1990, Pack 666: Kicked out of Scouts following an alleged sexual abuse.
- Pederson, Hans, 1965, Troop 143, 389: Molested several boys, he had broken into a bungalow and committed unnatural acts.
He was arrested for stealing money and a tv set.
- Winner, Scott M., 1989, Troop 150: Molested a 13-year- old scout while on a campout at Sabattis Scout Reservation. This
incident was reported by another scout who witnessed the sexual-abuse. Scout authorities reported this incident to the police. Scott Winner was subsequently arrested, he confessed to his crimes and was sent to jail.
- Cote, John L., 1988, Pack 185
- Van Baalen, Henry, 1966, Troop 413
- Graham, Charles N., 1975, Troop 55: Pled guilty and jailed in 1975 for charges involving him and a teenage boy.
- Ward, Timothy C., 1988, Troop 63: Charged with first-degree sexual-abuse reportedly involving a 13-year- old girl.
- VonNeida, Daryl E., 1978, Troop 50: Parents of two scouts pressed charges for sexual-abuse. He was jailed for his crimes.
- Caron, Gerard N., 1968, Troop 473
- Myhre, John E., 1986, Troop 80: Pled guilty to second degree sodomy in 1986.
- Steen, Darryl F., 1974, Pack 75: Arrested for 1st degree sodomy involving a Cub-Scout age boy.
- Filicia, Salvatore, 1985, Explorer 829
- Boresch, Michael, 1967, Troop 29
- Diva, Cal, 1960, Troop 103, 135
- Fried, Samuel L., 1988, District 8644, Troop 216
- Montgomery, John E., 1963, Troop 53: Arrested in 1963 for molesting boys in his scout troop.
- Urig, Charles J., 1972, Troop 5: Admitted to sexually-assaulting boys in Florida.
- Bergeron, Wilfred H., 1988, Troop 184
- Blakeslee, James L., 1962, Troop 271
- Bouchard, Stephen C., 1989, Troop 327
- Breyette, Erwin E., 1969, Troop 259, 255
- Clark, Charles R., 1969, Pack 249
- Clark, Richard, 1969, Troop 249
- Duncan, Frank Edward, 1971, Pack 181
- Harper, Arthur, 1972, Troop 98, 100, 356: Sent to prison for rape. Pled guilty to sodomy of a six-year old and a nine-year old boy.
- Laurent, David H., 1973, Troop 431: Convicted of Sodomy in 1973.
- Olivieri, Albert J., 1972, Pack 231: Numerous sexual assaults in the late 60’s on boys age 11-15.
- Rex, John L., 1974, Explorer 521, 747: Sexually assaulted a teenage boy. Arrested for 3rd degree sodomy.
- Stubbs, Donald J., 1965, Troop 48: On December 16, 1964, Donald Stubbs pled guilty to the charge of Endangering Morals’.
He was soon removed as Scout Master of Troop 48 which had about 80 Scouts in it.
- Lewin, Richard E., 1975, Pack 27: Accused of sexual-abuse in 1975.
- Brown, John Henry, 1984, Troop 42
- Rigby, David W., 1976, Troop 400: While employed as a staff member at Camp Siwandy he was accused of sexual advances
and abuse by other staff members as well as campers.
- Alberga, Karl A., 1989, Explorer 724
- DuPont, Lawrence J., 1986, Pack 29
- Lewis, James R., 1988, Explorer 1, 7: Sent to prison in the late 80’s for sodomizing a teenage boy.
- Teeling, Robert H., 1986, Troop 12: Pled guilty to three counts of second-degree sodomy. He had been sexually-abusing boys for four years before he was arrested. He met the boys through a Boy Scout Troop which was sponsored by the Police Department’s Community Center, the Troop disbanded after this incident.
- Anderson, Juan, 1966, Troop 4, 10
- Breglio, Robert J., 1978, Explorer 192
- Diaz, Christopher, 1987, Troop 37, 52
- Graf, Peter D., 1961, Troop 65: Admitted to sexually assaulting a boy in Staten Island in 1961.
- Hughes, Tyrone Charles, 1965, Troop 123: Arrested for sodomy after complaint from the parents of kids in his scout troop.
- Chiappone, Alan M., 1983, Troop 46
- DeDell, R. Gary Jerome, 1967, Troop 24
- DiMinuco, Frank G., 1987, Troop 76
- Fitch, Robert D., 1967, Troop 37, Explorer 264
- Hebert, Donald J., 1990, Troop 87: Molested a 14-year old boy in his scout troop in 1990.
- Hollenback, Kenneth, 1988, Troop 23: Accused by several boys of inappropriately touching them and stripping off their
clothes while working on a merit badge at Hollenback’s home.
- Mero, John A., 1967, Troop 21: Parents wrote letters reporting sexual abuse and other strange behavior of the scout
- Steffen, Gary Lee, 1987: Confessed to molesting a 10-year old boy. He was sentenced to a years’ probation.
- Traver, Benjamin, 1991, Explorer 70: Traver resigned as a Syracuse police investigator after he was threatened to be arrested on sodomy charges. He was accused of molesting a 15-year old boy. Traver was never charged because the boy did not demand prosecution. Several Parents had complained to the police regarding Traver.
- Prior, Robert G., 1990, Troop 87: Pled guilty to sexually-abusing a 14-year old boy. He had been involved with Troop 87
for 27 years prior to his conviction.
- Fross, James A., 1980, Troop 16, 58
- Aycoth, Richard J., 1963, Troop 571
- Naffky, Peter, 1989, Troop 450: Suspected of molesting scouts. Placed in the scouts’ ineligible volunteer file in 1990.
- Cousins, Joseph A., 1987, Troop 513, Pack 563
- Patnode, Joseph Lloyd, 1961, Troop 23: Arrested in 1961 for disorderly conduct. He threatened somebody unless they
committed sexual acts.
- Boder, Donald M., 1989, Troop 396
- Noreau, Lawrence F., 1974, Troop 20: Arrested for endangering the welfare of a minor in 1974. Confessed to his crimes.
- Rocker, Clifford W., 1987, Pack 55: Kicked out of scouts after it was found out he had sexual abuse charges standing against
him. He was arrested in 1987 on more than one count of sodomy.
- Condlin, Richard Allen, 1984,Troop 38, Pack 38
- Davis, Francis Eugene, 1986, Troop 113
- Walrath, Rodney Bruce, 1986, Troop 12, 17: Arrested for sodomy, sexual-abuse, and endangering the welfare of a child. Rodney
Walrath was known as mentally unstable.
- King, David W., 1969, Troop 112, 262, 314: Accused of sexual-abuse by boys in his scout troop. Placed on Boy Scouts confidential file in 1969.
- Maniscalco, Leonard, 1988: Charged with sodomy in Suffolk County in 1988.
- Morgan, Andrew T., 1990, Camp: Accused child-abuser. Impersonated priests in the Episcopal Faith, Russian Orthodox
Faith and the Church of Later Day Saints.
- Dewey, Robert L., 1973, Troop 41
- Pendleton, Jon Douglas, 1967, Troop 110: Raped 3-year old girl in 1967.
- Quintano, Anders, 1989, Troop 201: Convicted of sexually abusing a 10-year old girl. Conspired and abused children with
Robert Izzo, who is also in Boy Scouts confidential file.
- Porembski, Thomas, 1988, Troop 14: Accused of child sexual abuse. Placed on Boy Scouts confidential file in 1988.