Diocese: Archdiocese of Chicago
Summary of Assignments:
- 5/12/1971: Ordained
- 1971-1976: St. Luke’s in River Forest, IL
- 1976-1978: Our Lady of Grace in Chicago, IL
- 1978-1979: St. Wenceslaus in Chicago, IL
- 1979-1984: St. Francis Borgia in Chicago, IL
- 1984-1989: St. Thomas of Villanova in Palatine, IL
- 1989-1995: St. Pius X in Stickney, IL
- 1995-1996: St. Priscilla’s in Chicago, IL
- 1996-2001: St. Frances of Rome in Cicero, IL
- 2001-2002: St. Mary’s in Buffalo Grove, IL
- 6/2002: Removed from public ministry
- 2002-2004: Listed as being on “other assignments.” Address in Mundelein, IL; resided with other accused priests at Cardinal Stritch Retreat House.
Notes: One of 5 priests removed 6/02. Previously accused of sexual misconduct against an underage teenage girl from 1979 to 1984. Allegations reviewed by the Fitness Review Board some time after 1993; Board recommended he be allowed to stay in ministry as long as he was banned from being alone with minors. At least one claim included in 10/03 settlement of claims by 15 men and women who alleged abuse by 12 priests. Vatican approved permanent removal from public ministry 9/05.
Sources: Chicago Sun-Times 06.24.02; Chicago Tribune 06.24.02; Chicago Daily Herald 06.25.02; Chicago Sun-Times 01.17.03; Chicago Sun-Times 10.03.03; Chicago Tribune 10.03.03; Chicago Tribune 09.26.05; Chicago Daily Herald 09.27.05; Chicago Sun-Times 09.27.05; Chicago Archdiocesan Report 03.20.06; Daily Herald 11.06.14; Archdiocese of Chicago Documents 11.11.14; BA.org Assignment Record; Buck Personnel File; http://bishopaccountability.org/