Diocese: Diocese of Rockville Centre, Archdiocese of Boston
Summary of Assignments:
- Ordained; 1970
- St. Aloysius, Great Neck, NY; 1970-1975
- St. Pius X Prep Seminary, Uniondale, NY; 1975-1982, in residence 1978-1984
- St. James, Seaford, NY; Temporary Administrator, 1982-1984
- Not indexed in Directory; 1984
- House of Affirmation, Boston, MA; Director of Education, 1984-1986
- St. Kilian, Farmingdale, NY; 1986-1988
- Not indexed in Directory; 1989
- SS. Cyril & Methodius, Deer Park, NY; Pastor 1989-1998
- Riordan was named monsignor in 1991 or early 1992.
- St. Aloysius, Great Neck, NY; 1998-2012
Notes: Child molestation suit settled in 1995 named Riordan and 3 other priests. Plaintiff alleged abuse at House of Affirmation in Worcester diocese. Riordan denies any sexual involvement with plaintiff. He served on the board of Community Organization forParents and Youth (COPAY) a Long Island nonprofit that counsels drug-addicted teens. but COPAY denies current affiliation. Riordan appointed pastor of St. Aloysius Catholic Church in Great Neck in 1998. Still there 11/2012.
Sources: Telegram & Gazette 4.1.03; Worcester Telegram and Gazette 9.1.02; Barry Settlement 10.06.95; Boston Herald 02.25.02; NY Times 04.19.02; Telegram & Gazette 05.22.02; Telegram and Gazette 02.17.03; NY Times 09.17.05; SNAP Statement 11.12.09; NY Post 11.13.09; http://bishop-accountability.org/